NothinsGonnaStopIt! in a nutshell
St. Augustine tells the story of a young priest who came up to him frustrated with the immense task of teaching the Bible to one of his catechumens. Augustine told the priest that although all parts of the Bible are equal in terms of God’s inspiration they are not all equal in their importance in driving the story forward. He told his disciple to determine which stories were the most critical for the storyline and then help the student understand their meaning and how they connect with the other parts of the story. This is exactly what NothinsGonnaStopIt! does.
It seeks to:
- Identify the key moments in the story
- Translate those key moments to explain what they mean
- Connect these moments together to show a cohesive narrative of the deeds of God
In order to:
- Display a comprehensive vision of the mission of God to give people a philosophy of history
- Encourage individual participation in the mission of God because we all have a part to play
- Equip people for their part in the mission of God by giving them a story to tell the world
You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialise correctly.